We are looking to add an experienced and detail-oriented Proposal Manager to join our growing team. As part of our consulting team, the Proposal Manager will be responsible for managing proposals for a variety of clients, from capture planning to contract signature. The Proposal Manager will work closely with our pursuit strategists, writers, editors, designers, and our clients’ internal subject matter experts, marketing, sales, and pursuit teams.
This is a 1099 contract position on an as-needed basis.
- Acts as the central point of contact on assigned proposals, and leads the proposal team.
- Analyzes RFQs, RFPs, and RFIs to create proposal outlines and development plans.
- Directs proposal kickoffs and prepares detailed proposal plans, schedules, outlines, and compliance matrices for all phases of proposal development.
- Crafts win themes, value propositions, and differentiated solutions.
- Writes proposal content, including management and staffing sections, resumes, project summaries, executive summaries, cover letters, and more.
- Synthesizes raw content from various sources into a cohesive and comprehensive package.
- Works closely with subject matter experts to translate technical jargon and ensure value propositions are communicated throughout the document.
- Writes persuasively, edits for one voice, and understands the business’s value proposition.
- Captures and drives action items from meetings with proposal team members and capture teams.
- Provides writing guidance to authors to ensure proposals are clear and concise.
- Strong aptitude for improving organization, flow, readability, completeness, and clarity of technically-intensive proposals.
- Facilitates multi-disciplined groups in brainstorming and developing solutions to key aspects of the proposal.
- Solicits management reviews and approvals during proposal development.
- Monitors proposal content to ensure compliance with RFP requirements, evaluation criteria, and technical requirements.
- Maintains, augments, and improves libraries of reusable components, templates, and processes to reduce response time and improve quality on future proposals.